Introduction to COUNTING – with Solfage
It seems very basic – BUT PLEASE review this exercise. We are so used to SAYING ONE AND TWO AND THREE AND FOUR – when counting – this causes MAJOR trouble when we get to 16th notes. SOOOO I would like to change that NOW.
Please review this OFFICIAL MUSIC SCHOOL Method for Counting
- SPEAK the Count Number when the note hits on that Count
- DO NOT SPEAK the Count Number when count hits on a rest
- SPEAK the “te” when a note falls on the 2nd half of the count
- DO NOT SPEAK the Count or the te – if the value of the note continues
Print these exercises – and write in the remaining counts under the notes:
- Link – Counting Intro 8th Notes – Link to Full Solo – All My Loving 1963 Level 1
- Link – Counting Intro 8th Notes 3:4 – Link to Full Solo – 14 Time in a Bottle 1973
Open this link and SPEAK all the Counts – that are already labeled.
Link – Counting – 8th Notes- Level 1 (La Gallanita – Cumbia)
NOW – PRINT these Exercises & Songs and Practice WRITING in the Counts: