Lesson #5 – Dexterity & Finger Articulation
Sincerely – I should JUST SAY – SEE LESSON #4 – because – the month of December – I am sure YOU DID NOT cover all the material there!!!! AH-HA – Caught YA!!!!
So I will take it easy on you this month. AGAIN – PLEASE see Lesson #4 – and please be very comfortable with it – before tackling this one.
I have taken a simple Hannon Exercise and put it in KEYS and actually added rhythm! Much like you will encounter in REAL MUSIC!!
General RULE – in Runs – 4th finger on top BLACK NOTE and Thumb on bottom on BLACK NOTE
Start SLOW and EVEN – Use the Technique styles notated –
NOW – I have repeated #4 and #7 drills and this time I included rhythm!. Once you get the style down – go and do the Key of F and G – in the same counting style!
Now try the last two sections of variations on Minka:
REMEMBER – Your 5 POINT Practice OUTLINE:
- Play 3 fun tunes (pick 3 from your personal Play List)
- Run some scales and exercises – put lesson #4 & #7 this HANON!!
- Spend 1/2 of practice time on WORKING SONGS (Lessons)
- Sight Read ONE NEW SONG (follow Sight Reading Rules – no stops for boo-boo)
- Play 3 fun tunes (pick 3 MORE from your personal Play List)
This outline – WORKS. It keeps 6 solos a day – up to SPEED. This is 6 songs x 7 days = 42 SOLOS!!!! and who cares how easy these are!!!! AND remember this month – I am introducing the PLAY LIST LINK – so use the list to enhance your repertoire! (I am so glad I have spell check – I can never spell repertoire!!!!)