35 TIPS ON OVERCOMING STAGE FRIGHT
This article is from a SPEECH Coach – BUT WOW – there are so many great tips that can help you while PERFORMING on Stage or in front of an audience. AND this is a list that I use with my students.
At my music studio – we have a monthly JAM or open mic night – and the students have to play solo and with other students – with a live band – that they have not rehearsed with. This is where we address #2 – #4 – #7 – #11 – #15 AND especially #35!!!! etc.
- Set an end time for your fear
- Talk to the audience as friends
- Take it easy / Don’t take it easy
- Know your stuff
- Loose yourself in the material
- Practice in front of an audience
- Be at the venue with enough time to spare
- Mental practice
- Use your imagination
- When things go wrong
- Eat a banana
- Do something different
- Be Comfortable with who you are
- Don’t rush it
- Never apologize for being nervous
- Get through the first 5 minutes
- Stop stressing about whether the audience will like you
35. We all make mistakes
And many more great tips and how to work through or USE your nervousness.