Welcome to the Key of Eb (flat)
I know you pretty well by now – if you see more than 2 sharps or 2 flats in the key signature – YOU DON”T EVEN TRY THE SONG!!
So – each month I will pick a new key – and show you how to get “centered” in the key – so you are comfortable. There are several TRICKS that help you when you hit songs with multiple sharps and flats in the key. Here are a FEW – and these can be applied to all keys.
- Learn and play the scale several times before playing the song
- Learn and play ALL the Chords that are likely to appear in that key
- And remember the fingering rule for black notes – AVOID the 5 on the TOP for a black note – use 4 instead – and TRY TO AVOID a thumb on a black note – but it is do-able! The only time 5 on top on a black note is okay – is if your thumb is on the lower octave!
- Immerse yourself with several songs in that key.
- Theory – Eb Scale – has 3 flats – Bb – Eb – Ab
- Link – 3 Technique Drill Eb (bonus – Chromatic exercise!)
- Link – Welcome to Eb Flat
Now try out your Eb Skills – – – – – –
- Link – To each his own (in Eb) Level 3
- Link – Säkkijärven Polkka (Finnish Polka) Eb – Level 4-5
- LINK – L’accordéoniste – Edith Piaf – level 2.5 (there is also a Level 4 version)
Trio in Eb
Listen to Shelia Perform this Solo Arrangement – https://myspace.com/shelialee/music/song/it-s-now-or-never-4261265-4239599