Bill & Gloria Gaither Sacred Songs
Something you might not have known about me, but my late husband was a Minister – so can you see ME – The Minister’s WIFE!!!! HOLY COW!!!
I would play the organ at church and everyone would just LAUGH at me. Because with my accordion training – I could play ALL the notes with my right hand – I never used the OTHER keyboard. I was too busy watching my FEET and trying to hit the pedals!! AND I worked real HARD – I would get so sweaty – so I would use my FREE LEFT HAND to FAN myself!! That was a sight! AND this was a HOLY-ROLLER CHURCH!!! I was raised Baptist – but my husband was Pentecostal. This was the late 70’s and early 80’s – when Praise and Worship Teams were first starting and we did all the Gaither Tunes!!! So here are a few.
- Because He Lives – Simple BH
- The Family of God (Lead Line)
- Let’s Just Praise the Lord Level 2.5 (GRAMMY)
- He Touched Me (Solo-Duet) Score Key of G
- He Touched Me (Solo:Duet) Score (Key of Eb)
- There’s Something About that Name (Solo/Trio) Coming
All of these – you can play the Solo version or on a few – grab a friend and play as a Duet or add the 3rd part and have a trio. I play these at nursing homes and Senior Club Meetings – They LOVE THEM!!! Not just for Church or Funerals. AND YES – I SAID FUNERALS!
About: William J. “Bill” Gaither (born March 28, 1936) is an American singer and songwriter of southern gospel and Contemporary Christian music. Besides having written numerous popular Christian songs with his wife, Gloria, he is also known for performing as part of the Bill Gaither Trio, and the Gaither Vocal Band. In the 1990s, his career (as well as the careers of other southern gospel artists) gained a resurgence as the popularity of the Gaither Homecoming series grew.
- 1973: Best Inspirational Performance for “Let’s Just Praise The Lord”; Bill Gaither Trio
- 1975: Best Inspirational Performance for “Jesus, We Just Want To Thank You”; Bill Gaither Trio
- 1991: Best Southern Gospel Album for Homecoming; Gaither Vocal Band
- 1999: Best Southern, Country, Or Bluegrass Gospel Album for Kennedy Center Homecoming
- 2001: Best Southern, Country, or Bluegrass Gospel Album for A Billy Graham Music Homecoming
- 2008: Best Southern, Country, Or Bluegrass Gospel Album for Lovin’ Life; Gaither Vocal Band